Declare Your Status!
Here is a brief overview:
Before We Begin: For consistency and recording purposes the Kentucky Assembly has specifically formatted forms. Please submit only forms downloaded from the Kentucky Assembly site. For official record keeping for an Assembly, documents should be created in original triplicate at the time of their creation, with one going to the recordee, one going to the soil jurisdiction County level organization, and one remaining with the State Jural Assembly Recorder. For this reason, the Kentucky Assembly asks all who would like to complete their records with us to do so in triplicate original wet-ink copies.
1) Witness Testimony:
– For this step you will need to have two witnesses that have direct knowledge of you and your family preferably for several years. This is to verify your identity.
– Each witness will need to fill out three original forms to be recorded, therefore you will need 6 forms total- 3 for each witness.
– The witnesses will fill out the forms, but they MUST SIGN in front of a Recording Secretary or a Public Notary. The witnesses will have to be able to verify identity for this step with a valid form of picture ID.
– The forms will include a picture of you, this will also be the photo used for your State ID card- PLEASE USE A RECENT PHOTO. Have a square cropped photo of yourself ready to upload, or a 2 inch x 2 inch photo may be manually attached to each form.
– The other necessary form created from the 1779 Naturalization Act is a one page Declaration set in place for those who wish to be considered American as opposed to British, Dutch or other various nationalities.
– There are three variations of the Declaration, you must choose ONE; the form for those born in one of the 50 united States, for Naturalized Citizens, or for Federal employees.
– Each Declarant will have to complete 3 original declarations.
– Married women should sign using their proper printed Married Full Name and add the word née after, followed by their maiden proper Last name.
– The Declaration must be signed and sealed in front of a Recording Secretary. The seal is your right thumb print in RED ink (touching your signature but not obscuring it).
NOTE: PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORMS IN BLUE INK. PRINT ONLY, NO CURSIVE.
3) Service Ticket :
– When you have carefully read the instructions and have downloaded your forms from our witness and declaration helper. You will need to create a Service Ticket in step 2.
– Each man/women must create their OWN Service Ticket which will be used to send a preview of the documents along with a copy of your Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth (Naturalized Citizens will have to provide another valid form of proof depending on their current status).
– The Service Ticket will be sent directly to the Recording Secretary for preview of the forms. The Recording Secretary will then contact you to make arrangements for a recording fee and witnessing of the signings.
NOTE: SIGNED FORMS WILL BE INVALID IF THEY ARE NOT SIGNED IN THE PRESENCE OF THE RECORDING SECRETARY.